Hi there,

I've started using strawberry-perl (Perl 5.10.1, Win7, 64bit). When trying to install
modules from cpan it almost ever fails with the following problem:

----
install Modul::blablabla
Running make test
Could not execute (C:\Perl\perl\bin\perl.exe -w t/01use.t): open3: Can't
call method "close" on an undefined value at
C:/Perl/perl/lib/IPC/Open3.pm line 370.
dmake.exe: Error code 150, while making 'test_dynamic'
----

This results in finally not installing the desired modules at all ...

Some modules are installable from cpan - so this is not a general problem of my configuration ...

Are there any solutions to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Jo

Search Discussions

  • David Golden at May 18, 2010 at 11:34 am
    Can you give some specific example of modules that fail and the
    specific test files that fail?

    -- David
    I've started using strawberry-perl (Perl 5.10.1, Win7, 64bit). When trying to install
    modules from cpan it almost ever fails with the following problem:

    ----
    install Modul::blablabla
    Running make test
    Could not execute (C:\Perl\perl\bin\perl.exe -w t/01use.t): open3: Can't
    call method "close" on an undefined value at
    C:/Perl/perl/lib/IPC/Open3.pm line 370.
    dmake.exe:  Error code 150, while making 'test_dynamic'
    ----

    This results in finally not installing the desired modules at all ...

    Some modules are installable from cpan - so this is not a general problem of my configuration ...

    Are there any solutions to overcome this problem?

    Thanks in advance

    Jo

  • Johannes Kilian at May 18, 2010 at 12:03 pm