I've followed the instructions at
http://www.cpan.org/scripts/submitting.html and uploaded my script:

Files in directory authors/id/X/XA/XANNI
pmcheck-1.1.0 4595 Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:15:16 GMT

How long does it take for a script to appear on CPAN?

Thanks,
Andrew

Search Discussions

  • Slaven Rezic at Dec 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm

    Andrew Pam writes:

    I've followed the instructions at
    http://www.cpan.org/scripts/submitting.html and uploaded my script:

    Files in directory authors/id/X/XA/XANNI
    pmcheck-1.1.0 4595 Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:15:16 GMT

    How long does it take for a script to appear on CPAN?
    Hi Andrew,

    nowadays it's probably better to wrap a script into a normal CPAN
    module, possibly under the App:: namespace. Then you get everything for
    free: a listing in search.cpan.org and metacpan.org, cpantesters
    results, and the script is installable using the various CPAN shells.

    Regards,
    Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
    BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin

    App::Cmd is maybe the most widely used.
    Files in directory authors/id/X/XA/XANNI
    pmcheck-1.1.0 4595 Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:15:16 GMT

    How long does it take for a script to appear on CPAN?
    Hi Andrew,

    nowadays it's probably better to wrap a script into a normal CPAN
    module, possibly under the App:: namespace. Then you get everything for
    free: a listing in search.cpan.org and metacpan.org, cpantesters
    results, and the script is installable using the various CPAN shells.

    Regards,
    Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
    BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin
    WWW version: http://www.bbbike.de
    Perl/Tk version for Unix and Windows: http://bbbike.sourceforge.net
  • Slaven Rezic at Dec 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm

    Terrence Brannon writes:

    Which app builder module do you like the most slaven? I wrote up a summary
    of the CPAN scripting frameworks here -
    http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=829276

    App::Cmd is maybe the most widely used.
    Well, I use nothing :-) Usually I take the script as is, add the
    necessary distribution files (Makefile.PL etc.), and add a dummy App::*
    module for the CPAN/PAUSE indexer.

    Regards,
    Slaven
    Files in directory authors/id/X/XA/XANNI
    pmcheck-1.1.0 4595 Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:15:16 GMT

    How long does it take for a script to appear on CPAN?
    Hi Andrew,

    nowadays it's probably better to wrap a script into a normal CPAN
    module, possibly under the App:: namespace. Then you get everything for
    free: a listing in search.cpan.org and metacpan.org, cpantesters
    results, and the script is installable using the various CPAN shells.

    Regards,
    Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
    BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin
    WWW version: http://www.bbbike.de
    Perl/Tk version for Unix and Windows: http://bbbike.sourceforge.net
    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    tkruler - Perl/Tk program for measuring screen distances
    http://ptktools.sourceforge.net/#tkruler
  • Vlado Keselj at Dec 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm
    Hi,

    I have looked up your example with psort. Very elegant!
    I intend to use it as template. However, I don't understand how using the
    App::* package helps in making the scripts easy to find. For example, is
    there a web page listing all such scripts?

    Regards,
    Vlado

[...]

  • Terrence Brannon at Dec 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm
    Yes, Perl modules are indexex on CPAN. So if you create a module for your
    script in the App:: namespace, others will find it... like this:

    https://www.google.com/search?ix=ieb&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Ametacpan.org+App%3A%3A

[...]

  • Vlado Keselj at Dec 14, 2011 at 1:19 am
    It seems that Google returns a fuzzy list of links, not necessarily
    restricted to App::*. I had in mind something like:
    http://cpan.metacpan.org/modules/by-module/App/
    but it lacks descriptions.
[...]

  • Andrew Pam at Dec 28, 2011 at 1:13 am

    nowadays it's probably better to wrap a script into a normal CPAN
    module, possibly under the App:: namespace. Then you get everything for
    free: a listing in search.cpan.org and metacpan.org, cpantesters
    results, and the script is installable using the various CPAN shells.
    Thanks. Maybe someone should update these web pages?

    http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_contribute_scripts
    http://www.cpan.org/scripts/submitting.html

    Cheers,
    Andrew