Hello Kurt,
Go ahead and upload your script as "VersionControl:ClearCase",
O.k., done so.

BTW: I realized, that if someone wants to write a perl prog, and
needs some isolatable functionality, he of course would have a
look at CPAN. But if someone, say, uses ClearCase, why at all he
should look into the CPAN scripts area?
I do not follow your logic. He should look into the CPAN scripts
area because a solution might be found there.
The logic is this:
From "I need a functionallity implemented in perl" it is quite
a short way to "I will look into CPAN".

But from "I use ClearCase, but the limited possibilities in config specs
really bothers me" it is a very long reasoning trail to "I will look into CPAN".

Thats the difference I see. However, nobody can change it anyway, and
probably this is really off topic. If so, please just ignore and excuse,
I am not expecting answers.

best regards anyway,
Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Schuett Thomas EXT at Jan 21, 2005 at 10:13 am
    Hello Kurt,

    I uploaded my script "setxcs.bat" 3 days ago, but still
    cannot see it in the CPAN scripts area. I could not see
    any errors in the upload log either.

    Is there any problem with it? Was it a problem, that
    there is a .bat-to-perl wrapper on top of the script or so?

    cu,
    Thomas
  • Kurt Starsinic at Jan 21, 2005 at 3:02 pm
    Thomas,

    It is in the scripts area. See the alphabetical listing at the
    bottom of the page. I will create the category this weekend, and then
    it will appear in the category too.

    - Kurt

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:13:31 +0100, Schuett Thomas EXT
    I uploaded my script "setxcs.bat" 3 days ago, but still
    cannot see it in the CPAN scripts area. I could not see
    any errors in the upload log either.

    Is there any problem with it? Was it a problem, that
    there is a .bat-to-perl wrapper on top of the script or so?

    cu,
    Thomas
  • Benjamin Griffin at Jan 21, 2005 at 11:07 pm

    Kurt wrote:
    It is in the scripts area. See the alphabetical listing at the
    bottom of the page. I will create the category this weekend, and then
    it will appear in the category too.
    While you are at it, could you create an Image category, too? There
    are some scripts there already, and it matches the module
    categorization.

    Benjamin

groupscripts @
categoriesperl