Hello Kurt,
I want to contribute a perl script for the versioning system
ClearCase, so I want to suggest the new script category
"VersionControl : ClearCase (tm)"
I think that your proposal is very sensible.
Hmm, so what does this mean? Yes or no, and why?
As ClearCase is a trademark, I wonder, if it is sufficient
to add an (tm) behind it?
I don't believe that the (tm) is necessary or appropriate.
Even better, that is something I actually like to hear :-)

BTW: I realized, that if someone wants to write a perl prog, and
needs some isolatable functionality, he of course would have a
look at CPAN. But if someone, say, uses ClearCase, why at all he
should look into the CPAN scripts area? So I wonder if the scripts
area is doomed to "not work" by fundamental reasons. Are there any
usage statistics confirming or rejecting this theorie?

Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Kurt Starsinic at Jan 17, 2005 at 7:11 pm

    I want to contribute a perl script for the versioning system
    ClearCase, so I want to suggest the new script category
    "VersionControl : ClearCase (tm)"
    I think that your proposal is very sensible.
    Hmm, so what does this mean? Yes or no, and why?
    I am here to give advice, not to say yes or no.
    As ClearCase is a trademark, I wonder, if it is sufficient
    to add an (tm) behind it?
    I don't believe that the (tm) is necessary or appropriate.
    Even better, that is something I actually like to hear :-)
    Go ahead and upload your script as "VersionControl:ClearCase",
    then, and I will create a category.
    BTW: I realized, that if someone wants to write a perl prog, and
    needs some isolatable functionality, he of course would have a
    look at CPAN. But if someone, say, uses ClearCase, why at all he
    should look into the CPAN scripts area?
    I do not follow your logic. He should look into the CPAN scripts
    area because a solution might be found there.
    So I wonder if the scripts
    area is doomed to "not work" by fundamental reasons. Are there any
    usage statistics confirming or rejecting this theorie?
    No. Due to the nature of CPAN, we have no reliable download
    statistics and we never will.

    - Kurt

groupscripts @
categoriesperl