Hello,

I had a quick question that I cannot find within my searches for the last
week or so. I have a batch file in DOS that runs while I do ttcp testing.
I need that batch file to throw its results in a txt file once the test is
completed, I have tried to redirect it by indicating a path at the top of
the program and then >(filename), but that isn't working. I was wondering
if you would know any prewritten PERL or CGI script that would allow me to
do this. The program looks something like this:

path C:\%(directory)%

start

rem wsttcp -t -p5141 > tp5141.txt

end

Anyhow, the script itself works and runs, but I cannot direct it throw the
results in a text. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank
you.

Sarah

Systems Test Engineer/IT Support

Telkonet Comm, INC.

20374 Seneca Meadows Parkway #1

Germantown, MD 20876

Search Discussions

  • Mohan at Nov 27, 2008 at 3:00 pm

    Saba Khan wrote:
    Hello,

    I had a quick question that I cannot find within my searches for the
    last week or so. I have a batch file in DOS that runs while I do ttcp
    testing. I need that batch file to throw its results in a txt file once
    the test is completed, I have tried to redirect it by indicating a path
    at the top of the program and then >(filename), but that isn’t working.
    I was wondering if you would know any prewritten PERL or CGI script that
    would allow me to do this. The program looks something like this:

    /path C:\%(directory)%/

    / /

    /start/

    /rem wsttcp –t –p5141 > tp5141.txt/

    end

    Anyhow, the script itself works and runs, but I cannot direct it throw
    the results in a text. Any suggestions or thoughts would be
    appreciated. Thank you.

    Sarah

    Systems Test Engineer/IT Support

    Telkonet Comm, INC.

    20374 Seneca Meadows Parkway #1

    Germantown, MD 20876

    Hi

    you can redirect the stdout/stderr to txt file by using

    ping google.com >> testlog.txt 2>&1

    or simply ping google.com >> testlog.txt

    or stdout alone by ping google.com 1>> testlog.txt

    or stderr alone by ping google.com 2>> testlog.txt

    Hope the information is useful

    Cheers!

    Mohan.

groupscripts @