On the Coldsync-Hackers mailing list, it has been proposed that a
repository be set up for coldsync conduits, which are written usually in
Perl. I suggested that they be put on CPAN. Are there any
recommendations as to naming for that directory?

In case you don't know, coldsync is software for syncing a PalmOS device
without using the Palm desktop software (usually on *nix machines, where
there is not a "real" Palm desktop app available.) Conduits are tiny
programs that are run by coldsync so that something actually gets done
with your data, rather than just making a backup of the files. For
example, there are conduits to send your email, synchronize your
calendar app with the Gnome calendar app, and so on.

At the moment, there is no one central place to get these conduits - you
have to hunt for them.

--
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
Have trouble remembering things? - http://idforgetmyhead.com/

Search Discussions

  • John Nolan at Apr 15, 2001 at 5:09 pm

    repository be set up for coldsync conduits, which are written usually in
    Perl. I suggested that they be put on CPAN. Are there any
    recommendations as to naming for that directory?
    Sounds pretty cool. Here are some suggestions:

    PDA
    PDA:Conduits

    repository be set up for coldsync conduits, which are written usually in
    Perl. I suggested that they be put on CPAN. Are there any
    recommendations as to naming for that directory?
    Sounds pretty cool. Here are some suggestions:

    PDA
    PDA:Conduits
    I'd vote for PDA:Conduit over PDA:Conduits, if I had a vote :-)
    Actually, how about Palm:Conduit, or PalmOS:Conduit?
    (Oh, Palm Inc's lawyers might not like the last two).

    Hmm, looking at existing names we have CGI:Filter (ie singular)
    but also Win32:Utilities (plural). Oh well.

    Coldsync:Conduit? If these are specific to Coldsync (sounds like
    they are), then a Coldsync namespace would make most sense.
    Or maybe PDA:Coldsync?

    Having written this, I'd lean towards Palm::Coldsync or PDA::Coldsync

    Neil
    --
    To be positive: To be mistaken at the top of one's voice.
  • Rbowen at Apr 18, 2001 at 10:54 pm

    Coldsync:Conduit? If these are specific to Coldsync (sounds like
    they are), then a Coldsync namespace would make most sense.
    Or maybe PDA:Coldsync?

    Having written this, I'd lean towards Palm::Coldsync or PDA::Coldsync
    Yeah, they really are Coldsync specific. Unfortunately.

groupscripts @
categoriesperl
postedApr 13, '01 at 1:58a
activeApr 18, '01 at 10:54p
websiteperl.org

3 users in discussion

Rbowen: 2 posts John Nolan: 1 post Neil Bowers: 1 post