I'm working on some embedded systems tools in Perl which will allow
conversion of files among the various forms of binary file formats (i.e.
Motorola hex, Intel hex, pure binary, etc.) but there doesn't yet seem to
be an appropriate category for these and it doesn't seem like the sort of
thing that would usefully be put in a module. Should there be a category
like "Utility" with perhaps a subcategory "Programming"?

Ed

Search Discussions

  • John Porter at Oct 20, 2000 at 8:03 pm

    Ed Beroset wrote:
    I'm working on some embedded systems tools in Perl which will allow
    conversion of files among the various forms of binary file formats (i.e.
    Motorola hex, Intel hex, pure binary, etc.) but there doesn't yet seem to
    be an appropriate category for these and it doesn't seem like the sort of
    thing that would usefully be put in a module.
    Oh, I dunno... I think a module might be very appropriate.
    And you can include with the module some scripts which use
    it in a canonical way.

    --
    John Porter
  • Kurt D. Starsinic at Oct 21, 2000 at 5:08 pm

    I'm working on some embedded systems tools in Perl which will allow
    conversion of files among the various forms of binary file formats (i.e.
    Motorola hex, Intel hex, pure binary, etc.) but there doesn't yet seem to
    be an appropriate category for these and it doesn't seem like the sort of
    thing that would usefully be put in a module.
    Oh, I dunno... I think a module might be very appropriate.
    And you can include with the module some scripts which use
    it in a canonical way.
    I agree that a module would be both feasible and useful.

    Peace,
    * Kurt Starsinic (kstar@sri.net) ---------------- Senior Software Architect *
    `It is always possible to aglutenate multiple separate problems |
    into a single complex interdependent solution. In most cases |
    this is a bad idea.' - Ross Callon |
  • Johan Vromans at Oct 22, 2000 at 11:04 am

    "Kurt D. Starsinic" <kstar@chapin.edu> writes:

    I agree that a module would be both feasible and useful.
    <complaint>
    However, it seems that getting a module registered is almost
    impossible. I've been asking for registration of a particular module
    for several months now, and I either get no answer at all, or a reply
    from some of the modules moderators saying that it would be a good
    idea -- and then nothing happens.
    </complaint>

    -- Johan
  • Andreas J. Koenig at Oct 22, 2000 at 3:08 pm