hi,

i wonder if anyone can assist?

i've been running a program from the command line. no problem, all
works well. but when i try to run it on my website i get:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Parse::RecDescent"

i've tried it with a localhost. the host uses the same perl package as when it runs from the command line, but i get the same error message.

maybe i need to speed up the module's loading? or not...

i wonder if you can help?

wayne

checkout new work at http://www.in-vacua.com

---------------------------------

  • Wayne clements at Jan 10, 2005 at 3:26 pm
    "did you install did you install Parse::RecDescent?" --Randal L. Schwartz -

    well i think so. my program does run from the command line. [i regret to say i'm using a pc...]

    my *localhost* [sambar] uses the *same* perl, including the modules i've installed as from the command line. with other modules there's no problem, but with RecDescent i get the error message, which i know, looks a lot like i have not installed it properly.

    as for my website, i assume i installed the module correctly on the server too.
    but i get an error message there also:

    ' can't locate object method "new" via package "Parse::RecDescent" '

    if this is not a fairly common problem i would begin to suspect my owm ineptitude of course.

    wayne

    checkout new work at http://www.in-vacua.com

    ---------------------------------
  • Wayne clements at Jan 10, 2005 at 3:27 pm
    "did you install did you install Parse::RecDescent?" --Randal L. Schwartz -

    well i think so. my program does run from the command line. [i regret to say i'm using a pc...]

    my *localhost* [sambar] uses the *same* perl, including the modules i've installed as from the command line. with other modules there's no problem, but with RecDescent i get the error message, which i know, looks a lot like i have not installed it properly.

    as for my website, i assume i installed the module correctly on the server too.
    but i get an error message there also:

    ' can't locate object method "new" via package "Parse::RecDescent" '

    if this is not a fairly common problem i would begin to suspect my own ineptitude of course.

    wayne

    checkout new work at http://www.in-vacua.com

grouprecdescent @
categoriesperl