I wanted to add an entry in the FAQ for recdescent based on this question:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=407865

but I am not so sure about Randal's answer... it appears irrelevant to
the question at hand.

<skip> appears to be used to discriminate terminals in a production. I
don't think skip is going to affect or make a statement about the fact
that each sentence of the grammar terminates with a carriage return.

Any input into the way to structure a prd grammar so that it is clear
that each production is terminated by a newline is appreciated....
though I'm beginning to see the light myself:

program : statement(s)

statement : command arg(s) /[\n]/

command: /\w+/

args : /\d+/ | alphanum