Grokbase Groups Perl qa March 2015
http://act.qa-hackathon.org/qa2015/main

In Firefox, at least, all the pages on this site are displaying in a
strange way. Each page has a left sidebar with internal links and a
right sidebar with sponsors. But the main content for each page only
starts to appear *below* the end of the longer of the two sidebars.
Unless and until you scroll down past the sidebars, each page appears
void of content.

Search Discussions

  • Shlomi Fish at Mar 21, 2015 at 1:45 pm
    Hi James,

    On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:51:42 -0400
    In Firefox, at least, all the pages on this site are displaying in a
    strange way. Each page has a left sidebar with internal links and a
    right sidebar with sponsors. But the main content for each page only
    starts to appear *below* the end of the longer of the two sidebars.
    Unless and until you scroll down past the sidebars, each page appears
    void of content.
    This appears to happen if and only if the browser's viewport window is too
    narrow. If I make it wide enough, the page displays fine. For what it's worth, I
    can reproduce a similar behaviour in the Google Chromium browser.

    Regards,

      Shlomi Fish

  • James E Keenan at Mar 21, 2015 at 2:26 pm

    In Firefox, at least, all the pages on this site are displaying in a
    strange way. Each page has a left sidebar with internal links and a
    right sidebar with sponsors. But the main content for each page only
    starts to appear *below* the end of the longer of the two sidebars.
    Unless and until you scroll down past the sidebars, each page appears
    void of content.
    This appears to happen if and only if the browser's viewport window is too
    narrow. If I make it wide enough, the page displays fine. For what it's worth, I
    can reproduce a similar behaviour in the Google Chromium browser.

    Regards,

    Shlomi Fish
    True. I see that in Firefox we now have both "Full Zoom" and "Text
    Zoom" settings which can be adjusted up or down independently of each
    other. It is the combined effect of certain settings of each that
    causes the text in the viewport to be placed way at the bottom. I can
    adjust that combination to make the text in the viewpane visible at the
    top of the page.

    But it just so happens that that combination works well (for me) on
    other web pages, so when I wanted to go to act.qa-hackathon.org, the
    display that immediately came up was what I reported. So, a less than
    satisfactory user experience.

    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan
  • Tina Müller at Mar 21, 2015 at 2:26 pm
    Hi James,
    In Firefox, at least, all the pages on this site are displaying in a
    strange way. Each page has a left sidebar with internal links and a right
    sidebar with sponsors. But the main content for each page only starts to
    appear *below* the end of the longer of the two sidebars. Unless and until
    you scroll down past the sidebars, each page appears void of content.
    Yes, I can see that with a small window. On mobile phones of
    course too.
    I suck at CSS, happy for any ideas =)
    First I could try is to decrease the min-width of the inner
    div.

    thanks,
    tina
  • Lasse Makholm at Mar 22, 2015 at 10:55 am