Grokbase Groups Perl qa February 2015

In regard to the 'HTTPS, CPAN, and dist integrity' thread.

I work on the metacpan project... FYI:

We use http://www.fastly.com/ as our CDN (they are amazing) and we
get this for free - always likely to: http://www.fastly.com/about/open-source/

MetaCPAN gets lots of support from companies,
https://metacpan.org/about/sponsors

Currently we have 2 servers with failover and load balancing (done
through Fastly) at Bytemark UK (actually we have a 3rd as a staging
server with them). We are working on setting up 3 servers with Liquid
Web US, and have a 3rd hosting company looking at donating 3 servers
(each hosting company is a different datacenter). This hardware (32G
Ram + lots of CPU on each boxs) hosting and the bandwidth are kindly
donated to us.

So bottom line, I'm sure we can cope if this is what people want,
though as always, more help with managing it is appreciated (we use
puppet a lot), everything (other than our certs and private keys!) is
available publically from https://github.com/CPAN-API/

Catch me on irc.perl.org #metacpan (ranguard) if you need further
details, or want to help

From last month, daily averages served from Fastly...

65% hit rate (not back to our origins)
139k requests
29.5 GB of bandwidth

Leo

Search Discussions

  • Barbie at Feb 4, 2015 at 11:20 pm
    Hi Leo,

    Any chance you could mention CPAN Testers to these companies?

    CPAN Testers will go away at the end of this year unless we have some
    sponsors soon. We did have a few companies approach us about sponsoring,
    but all have now gone quiet :(

    Thanks,
    Barbie.

    --
    Birmingham.pm - http://birmingham.pm.org
    CPAN Testers - http://cpantesters.org
[...]

    From last month, daily averages served from Fastly...

    65% hit rate (not back to our origins)
    139k requests
    29.5 GB of bandwidth

    Leo
  • Michiel Beijen at Feb 5, 2015 at 8:15 am
    Leo,