Grokbase Groups Perl qa June 2014
To join Fergal’s request for module adoption…

My spare tuits are being spent in other places than perl development at the moment — and the ticket queue for my modules is building up a bit.

If anybody is willing to take 'em over please drop me a line.

Test::Class & Test::Exception are used a fair number of places.

Test::Block is deprecated so shouldn’t need any input.

T::C especially is used by lots of folk internally so new maintainer would have to keep an eye on backwards compatibility.

Thanks,

Adrian
--
adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
(CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)

Search Discussions

  • Adrian Howard at Jul 13, 2014 at 9:23 am
    So — nobody then ;-)

    Adrian
    To join Fergal’s request for module adoption…

    My spare tuits are being spent in other places than perl development at the moment — and the ticket queue for my modules is building up a bit.

    If anybody is willing to take 'em over please drop me a line.

    Test::Class & Test::Exception are used a fair number of places.

    Test::Block is deprecated so shouldn’t need any input.

    T::C especially is used by lots of folk internally so new maintainer would have to keep an eye on backwards compatibility.

    Thanks,

    Adrian
    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    (CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)

    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    - Interviewing Workshop, London, July 18 http://bit.ly/InterviewJul18 -
  • Yanick Champoux at Jul 13, 2014 at 2:27 pm

      my tuits are also quite limited. But if you don't have any other
    alternative, throw the modules my way. I'll do my best to keep'em afloat
    (and ultimately find them a good home).

    Joy,
    `/anick
    Adrian
    To join Fergal’s request for module adoption…

    My spare tuits are being spent in other places than perl development at the moment — and the ticket queue for my modules is building up a bit.

    If anybody is willing to take 'em over please drop me a line.

    Test::Class & Test::Exception are used a fair number of places.

    Test::Block is deprecated so shouldn’t need any input.

    T::C especially is used by lots of folk internally so new maintainer would have to keep an eye on backwards compatibility.

    Thanks,

    Adrian
    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    (CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)

  • Karen Etheridge at Jul 13, 2014 at 3:56 pm
    You can also reach a wider audience by granting comaint or first-come
    privileges to one of ADOPTME, HANDOFF, or NEEDHELP, which allows the PAUSE
    admins to grant permissions immediately when someone willing comes along:

    http://neilb.org/2013/08/07/adoptme.html

    https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/ByMaintainer.html?Name=ADOPTME
    https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/ByMaintainer.html?Name=HANDOFF
    https://rt.cpan.org/Dist/ByMaintainer.html?Name=NEEDHELP

    (The dist will also have a marker next to it at http://neilb.org/adoption/)

[...]

                     "Everything has been thought of before, but the
                  problem is to think of it again." - Johann von Goethe
                 . . . . .
    Karen Etheridge, karen@etheridge.ca GCS C+++$ USL+++$ P+++$ w--- M++
  • Adrian Howard at Jul 25, 2014 at 1:26 pm
    You can also reach a wider audience by granting comaint or first-come
    privileges to one of ADOPTME, HANDOFF, or NEEDHELP, which allows the PAUSE
    admins to grant permissions immediately when someone willing comes along:
    [snip]

    A belated "Thanks". I’d completely forgotten about this. Everything now has HANDOFF as comaint.

    Cheers,

    Adrian

    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    (CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)
  • Chad Granum at Jul 28, 2014 at 5:14 am
    I would be happy to take on Test::Exception.

    You can also reach a wider audience by granting comaint or first-come
    privileges to one of ADOPTME, HANDOFF, or NEEDHELP, which allows the PAUSE
    admins to grant permissions immediately when someone willing comes along:
    [snip]

    A belated "Thanks". I’d completely forgotten about this. Everything now
    has HANDOFF as comaint.

    Cheers,

    Adrian

    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    (CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)

  • Chad Granum at Jul 28, 2014 at 4:55 pm
    Adrian,

    Looks like even with the handoff permission set you need to make the
    handoff. Would you please alter the permissions and assign them to me?
    Ribasushi will also be a co-maintainer, I can add that myself once I am
    listed as the owner.

    Thanks!
    -Chad

    I would be happy to take on Test::Exception.

    You can also reach a wider audience by granting comaint or first-come
    privileges to one of ADOPTME, HANDOFF, or NEEDHELP, which allows the PAUSE
    admins to grant permissions immediately when someone willing comes
    along:
    [snip]

    A belated "Thanks". I’d completely forgotten about this. Everything now
    has HANDOFF as comaint.

    Cheers,

    Adrian

    --
    adrianh@quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com
    (CSSTWP.com the product team certification programme you can trust! ;-)

groupqa @
categoriesperl
postedJun 27, '14 at 8:58a
activeJul 28, '14 at 4:55p