Grokbase Groups Perl qa February 2014
Hi all,

I'm sending this email to request some comments on a C++11 library I've
written based on Test::More. I hope this is on topic for this mailing
list. If there are better places for this, could you direct me to them?

cipra is a header-only C++11 testing library based on Test::More. I
know there are several active users of it, by email correspondence, so
some of you may have heard of it before. It's a TAP13 provider and can
be used with any TAP harness. When I was designing it, I tried to map
the semantics of Test::More to C++11, without a lot of the baggage of
other libraries, like CppUnit or Boost.Test.

You can find cipra here <http://cipra.sourceforge.net/>.

A year and a half after the initial design, I think I can do better.
I'm planning a new version that even more closely models Test::More and
that adds new features. I want to make sure there are not useful things
that I'm missing, though. As such, I'd love if anyone here who also
uses C++11 and is looking for a testing library could play around with
the cipra and see if there are any things you miss from Test::More, or
any other limitations you run into. Some examples of the comments I'm
looking for (and either have myself or have gotten by other users) are:

       * Add YAMLish output to give better debug information.
       * Implement a TAP Harness in C++, so we don't need Perl as a
         dependency just for the "prove" command.
       * Add subtests, and make sure they are thread-safe.

Thanks in advance for any comments you have. I really appreciate any
feedback!

Cheers,
Patrick Niedzielski

Search Discussions

  • Leon Timmermans at Feb 27, 2014 at 5:47 pm

[...]

    Actually, I also wrote a C++ Test::More clone as part of my libperl++[1]
    effort, but due to testanything.org having crashed I suspect it's currently
    essentially unfindable. Also, I wrote it before C++11 was out.

    I don't have the time to look at it right now, but I'd be most interested
    in cooperating on this :-)

    Leon

    1: https://github.com/Leont/libperl--

groupqa @