Grokbase Groups Perl qa February 2014

I would like to use non-ASCII, non-Latin-1 characters in test script output.

So far I've written the following:

use Test::More;
use Term::Encoding 'term_encoding';
my $enc = term_encoding();
note $enc; # Ensure that builder->output is opened
binmode($_, ":encoding($enc)")

     for Test::More->builder->output;

Is there a better way (cleaner, or more portable)?
Does something already exists on CPAN?

Thanks for you help,

PS: for my full use case, see
https://github.com/dolmen/angel-PS1/blob/85912c6fe5d2f9507cb1831c689fe66db4ec7bcc/t/52-Gauges.t

Olivier Mengué (DOLMEN)

Search Discussions

  • Mike Doherty at Feb 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm
    IIRC, Test::More::UTF8 does the right thing.

    -Mike

    I would like to use non-ASCII, non-Latin-1 characters in test script output.

    So far I've written the following:

    use Test::More;
    use Term::Encoding 'term_encoding';
    my $enc = term_encoding();
    note $enc; # Ensure that builder->output is opened

    binmode($_, ":encoding($enc)")
    for Test::More->builder->output;

    Is there a better way (cleaner, or more portable)?
    Does something already exists on CPAN?

    Thanks for you help,

    PS: for my full use case, see
    https://github.com/dolmen/angel-PS1/blob/85912c6fe5d2f9507cb1831c689fe66db4ec7bcc/t/52-Gauges.t

    Olivier Mengué (DOLMEN)
  • Karen Etheridge at Feb 15, 2014 at 5:25 pm