Grokbase Groups Perl qa August 2013
[ My apologies for not getting this report out in a more timely manner. ]

In accordance with the terms of my grant from TPF this is the monthly
report for my work on improving Devel::Cover covering July 2013.

This month I released Devel::Cover versions 1.05 and 1.06. The releases
contain a number of patches and pull requests along with various little
cleanups and other small fixes.

The rest of the work this month was spent on p5cover. This is the project to
get test coverage of the perl core and the core modules. The perl.gcov
Makefile target was recently removed from the perl core so I needed to update
the p5cover code slightly. I also improved the p5cover process, but there is
still work needed here which I am hoping to get completed soon. The 1.06
release was purely the facilitate the p5cover work.

As I mentioned in June's report, I'm still heavily involved in other work, so
I wasn't able to invest much time in Devel::Cover for July.

Closed Github tickets:

   63 cpancover: Errors in write_csv()
   54 Test fails when coverage enabled

Merged pull requests:

   65 Typo fix
   64 Correct errors in write_csv().
   53 Improve -coverage options, fix -ignore_re for .gcov files

Closed RT tickets:

   #34888 Fix pod coverage for multiple packages in a file.

You can see the commits at https://github.com/pjcj/Devel--Cover/commits/master

Hours worked:

   16.07 1:30
   17.07 6:30
   18.07 1:45

   Total 9:45

Total hours worked on grant: 284:55

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net

Search Discussions

  • Ricardo Signes at Sep 2, 2013 at 2:53 am
    * Paul Johnson [2013-08-31T19:01:09]
    In accordance with the terms of my grant from TPF this is the monthly
    report for my work on improving Devel::Cover covering July 2013.
    +1,
    Thanks, Paul!
    The rest of the work this month was spent on p5cover. This is the project to
    get test coverage of the perl core and the core modules. The perl.gcov
    Makefile target was recently removed from the perl core so I needed to update
    the p5cover code slightly. I also improved the p5cover process, but there is
    still work needed here which I am hoping to get completed soon. The 1.06
    release was purely the facilitate the p5cover work.
    Can you give me the 50¢ explanation of how to benefit from p5cover? What do I
    run, what else must I do? A link to a README is plenty fine for this answer.
    Thanks!

    --
    rjbs
  • Paul Johnson at Sep 2, 2013 at 10:37 am