Grokbase Groups Perl qa December 2011

Here's a quick summary of what was said on irc during this week's status
meeting for the Perl QA Hackathon 2012.

Progress:
- we have our first company sponsor: the French SPLIO offered 2000 EUR
(and are interested to come and say hello during the hackathon, or
during the evening events)
- Laurent started to contact sponsors of past FPW, and also obtained
more contact information for a potential sponsor
- Laurent expects an answer from Weborama in the coming weeks
- mdk announced that EPO will donate 1000 EUR
- Laurent will soon start the sponsors page on the web site

Here is the current "income" budget:
- Perl QA Hackathon 2011 ~1000 EUR (I need to compute the final budget)
- $foo magazin 500 EUR
- Les Mongueurs de Perl 1000 EUR
- SPLIO 2000 EUR
- EPO 1000 EUR

Next meeting:
irc://irc.perl.org/perl-qa
Thursday December 8th, 13:00 CET (Europe/Paris).

--
Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

Destroy the little and you destroy the large.

  • David Golden at Dec 2, 2011 at 11:40 am

    - Laurent started to contact sponsors of past FPW, and also obtained
     more contact information for a potential sponsor
    Do you have a "pitch" for sponsors? E.g. what's in it for them, a
    summary of results of previous hackathons, what they get for various
    donation levels?

    If you do, I could approach a company in NYC that has indicated
    they're looking for ways to support "the community". I think they're
    mostly looking for publicity to help with hiring, so a French
    conference doesn't help directly, but the hackathon gets blogged about
    a lot and if we ask people blogging to credit/thank the sponsors,
    maybe we can make the publicity bump more interesting to them.

    -- David
  • Philippe Bruhat (BooK) at Dec 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm

    On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Philippe Bruhat (BooK)