Grokbase Groups Perl qa August 2010
hi,

has anyone visited or given talks at SQE conferences in the past?

http://www.sqe.com/conferences/

Could you please share your experience?

Would it be interesting at those conferences to offer talks about TAP
and the way testing is done using Perl?

regards
Gabor

Search Discussions

  • Matt Heusser at Aug 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm
    I've been to STAREas or the Better Software Conference a half-dozen times
    as a presentor.

    I suspect you'd have your best results at what is now called the "Agile
    Development Practices" conference, as that likely will draw your most
    technical audience.

    Personally, I think TAP is a goldmine for automated tests, but I suspect you
    might have some trouble connecting to the audience. My advice would be to
    ask those questions of Lee Copeland, the program chair for most of those
    conferences, and come up with a abstract that is a good fit for one of those
    conferences.

    (I wanted to do a tutorial with a similar title to some of Scwern's old work
    "What works in software testing, or how to be lazy without really trying,
    but never got around to it. :-)

    regards,

    --heusser

    has anyone visited or given talks at SQE conferences in the past?

    http://www.sqe.com/conferences/

    Could you please share your experience?

    Would it be interesting at those conferences to offer talks about TAP
    and the way testing is done using Perl?

    regards
    Gabor

groupqa @
categoriesperl
postedAug 10, '10 at 1:29p
activeAug 10, '10 at 1:35p
websiteqa.perl.org

2 users in discussion

Matt Heusser: 1 post Gabor Szabo: 1 post