Grokbase Groups Perl qa May 2004
I have committed a small set of changes to the svn repository, here are
the details:

For sake of consistency throughout all the tests, I have set the
she-bang line on all to be:

#!perl -w

NOTE: I have not removed any instances of $^W=1 in the tests although
it really is no longer needed.

I have set up the following tests to utilize the 'skip_all' option in
Test::More:

05thrclone.t << skips if there is no thread support
41prof_dump.t << skips if DBI::PurePerl
42prof_data.t << skips if DBI::PurePerl
50dbm.t << skips if cannot find any DBM modules
60preparse.t << skips if DBI::PurePerl

I have tested this modules with prove as well as make test and even
under a fresh build. Let me know though if you see any weirdness here.

NOTE: The following still need to be converted to use 'skip_all' in
some way, they are not as simple as the above modules, so this is not
yet complete.

40profile.t
80proxy.t

Again, let me know if you find any issues with my upload.

thanks

Steve

Search Discussions

  • Stevan little at May 12, 2004 at 8:22 pm
    I have commited several revisions and additions to the 03handle.t test
    file to the SVN repository. They are detailed as follows:

    - increased number of tests from 68 to 101
    - added tests to check conditions/assumptions prior to running
    groups of tests,
    which compliment the testing of those conditions/assumptions that
    already being
    done after running groups of tests. (Basically added pre-conditions
    to match
    any post-conditions already being tested)
    - testing contents of arrays with 'eq_set' (unordered check) as
    much as possible
    to augment the existing testing of those array counts.
    - tested DB handle destruction by testing the Driver's Kids
    attribute
    at the end of every test block
    - made sure all tests had names/descriptions
    - changed tests to use 'cmp_ok' where appropriate
    - cleaned up some variable usage
    - changed all object comparisons to use is/isnt
    - changes any comparisons to 'undef' to 'ok(!defined ...' construct
    instead.
    - added SKIP blocks where appropriate
    - some of the tests were running for DBI::PurePerl, but were
    passing almost
    by coincidence rather than for any legitimate reason, those tests
    are now
    skipped so as to avoid false positives

    Thanks,

    Steve