I'm pleased to announce release 4.07 of podlators.

podlators contains Pod::Man and Pod::Text modules which convert POD
input to *roff source output, suitable for man pages, or plain text. It
also includes several subclasses of Pod::Text for formatted output to
terminals with various capabilities. It is the source package for the
Pod::Man and Pod::Text modules included with Perl.

Changes from previous release:

     [Pod::Man] Avoid undefined variable warnings when determining the
     title for a Perl module at the top level of a distribution. Thanks,
     Dave Mitchell. (#112625)

     [Pod::Man] Fix font resets with nroff when fixed-width fonts are used
     in the label for an =item. Previously, italic was being ended with
     \f(CW even in nroff mode, which, with groff, only changes the font to
     fixed-width and doesn't reset to a non-italic font. Thanks, Paul
     Townsend. (#98199)

     [Pod::Man] Suppress warnings about a missing Encode module if
     PERL_CORE is set in the environment. Due to build ordering during
     Perl core builds, Encode is expected to not yet be available during
     the build step that sets PERL_CORE. Thanks, Dave Mitchell.

You can download it from:

     <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/>

This package is maintained using Git; see the instructions on the above
page to access the Git repository.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,

Search Discussions

  • Dave Mitchell at Mar 21, 2016 at 8:56 am

[...]

    I vote for this being merged into blead despite the code-freeze. I can
    vouch for the 1st and 3rd fixes, I know nothing about the second.

    --
    A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step...
    then continues for another 1,999,999 or so.

[...]

    +10!
  • Shlomi Fish at Mar 21, 2016 at 10:38 am

[...]

    Sounds good. I approve of it as well. +1.

    Regards,

      Shlomi Fish

    Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
    its license changed.
         — Matt Mackall (who ended up writing a BitKeeper replacement)
  • Ricardo Signes at Mar 21, 2016 at 12:41 pm
    * Dave Mitchell [2016-03-21T04:56:11]
    I vote for this being merged into blead despite the code-freeze. I can
    vouch for the 1st and 3rd fixes, I know nothing about the second.
    +1

    --
    rjbs
  • Dave Mitchell at Mar 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm

    I vote for this being merged into blead despite the code-freeze. I can
    vouch for the 1st and 3rd fixes, I know nothing about the second.
    +1
    Now in as 503c90f6fd25c0a96d3bab0361a7d3e15b87b647

    --
    Nothing ventured, nothing lost.

grouppod-people @
categoriesperl