OS X 10.6.4/Perl 5.12.2 (Macports)

I've been able to install Rakudo so far without git, which I'm not fond of, but this time I received this error after downloading a tarball:

Checking out Parrot RELEASE_2_11_0-478-gd69dbbc via git...
Can't exec "git": No such file or directory at build/gen_parrot.pl line 104.
Command failed (status -1): git clone git://github.com/parrot/parrot.git parrot
Error while executing perl build/gen_parrot.pl --prefix=/Users/gmac/pl6/parrot_install --optimize --optimize; aborting

Does this mean I have no option but to install git in order to keep my Perl 6 up to date?

gvim

Search Discussions

  • Moritz Lenz at Jan 4, 2011 at 7:26 am