Hello,

I have a few miscellaneous questions:

1) Does anyone know what a "Parcel" is?

<1 2 3 4>.WHAT => Parcel()
<1 2 3 4 ; 2 3 4 ; 5>.WHAT => Parcel()

2) How do you figure out the length of an array? The "scalar" function
is gone. I tried "len", "length" and "size" without success.

3) More generally, is there a way to find out what methods are
available? I'm thinking of something like "@foo.METHODS" and it'd give
me a list of all the methods available in arrays. That would be
useful.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
No trees were destroyed in the generation of this email, but a large
number of electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Search Discussions

  • Tadeusz Sośnierz at Dec 28, 2010 at 11:44 pm

    I'm never sure, but it's something like a list :)
    2) How do you figure out the length of an array? The "scalar" function
    is gone. I tried "len", "length" and "size" without success.
    Array.elems is what you seek
    3) More generally, is there a way to find out what methods are
    available? I'm thinking of something like "@foo.METHODS" and it'd give
    me a list of all the methods available in arrays. That would be
    useful.
    You were close. That'd be Array.^methods, for example.

    Regards,
    Ted
  • Will Coleda at Dec 28, 2010 at 11:51 pm

    1)  Does anyone know what a "Parcel" is?

    <1 2 3 4>.WHAT  => Parcel()
    <1 2 3 4 ; 2 3 4 ; 5>.WHAT  => Parcel()
    Here's a link to some docs on Parcel:
    http://perlcabal.org/syn/S08.html#Capture_or_Parcel

    You can use: http://perlcabal.org/syn/ and do a google search in the
    upper RHS (which is what I did just now.)

    Regards.

    --
    Will "Coke" Coleda
  • Daniel Carrera at Dec 29, 2010 at 12:55 am
    1)  Does anyone know what a "Parcel" is?

    <1 2 3 4>.WHAT  => Parcel()
    <1 2 3 4 ; 2 3 4 ; 5>.WHAT  => Parcel()
    Here's a link to some docs on Parcel:
    http://perlcabal.org/syn/S08.html#Capture_or_Parcel

    You can use: http://perlcabal.org/syn/ and do a google search in the
    upper RHS (which is what I did just now.)

    Regards.

    --
    Will "Coke" Coleda

    --
    No trees were destroyed in the generation of this email, but a large
    number of electrons were severely inconvenienced.

groupperl6-users @
categoriesperl
postedDec 28, '10 at 11:32p
activeDec 29, '10 at 12:55a