# New Ticket Created by Rob Hoelz
# Please include the string: [perl #128268]

I found this issue when trying to use XML::Query; the attached tarball has a golfed-down example. I've also attached a picture that illustrates the "use" relationship between the various units.

When I try to run test.pl in the tarball, I get the following error:
===SORRY!===
Could not find symbol '&B'
Disabling precompilation fixes the issue, as does rearranging the contents of lib/Common/A.pm so that "use Common::A::B" comes before "unit class Common::A". Removing any seemingly superfluous use statement fixes the issue, so it appears this is one of those wacky dependency graph + precomp bugs.

Search Discussions

  • Lloyd Fournier at May 28, 2016 at 9:55 am
    Looks similar to RT #128156.

    https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=128156
    # Please include the string: [perl #128268]

    I found this issue when trying to use XML::Query; the attached tarball has
    a golfed-down example. I've also attached a picture that illustrates the
    "use" relationship between the various units.

    When I try to run test.pl in the tarball, I get the following error:
    ===SORRY!===
    Could not find symbol '&B'
    Disabling precompilation fixes the issue, as does rearranging the contents
    of lib/Common/A.pm so that "use Common::A::B" comes before "unit class
    Common::A". Removing any seemingly superfluous use statement fixes the
    issue, so it appears this is one of those wacky dependency graph + precomp
    bugs.

groupperl6-compiler @
categoriesperl
postedMay 27, '16 at 12:49p
activeMay 28, '16 at 9:55a
websiteperl6.org

2 users in discussion

Rob Hoelz: 1 post Lloyd Fournier: 1 post