Today I started to add the first perlhints POD blocks to STD.pm, as
discussed previously on perl6-users:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.users/2007/07/msg621.html
You can find the commit here: http://dev.pugscode.org/changeset/17089

There are a few things I'd like to discuss here:

1) some tokens are multi part, for example a block comment starts with
'#{' and ends with '#}'.
Currently I just separate them by whitespaces, like so:
=begin perlhints #{ #}
Are there any cases where that might lead to ambiguity? Or do you have
better ideas?

2) each perlhints block contains a small synopsis, like so:
syn: -> <signature> { <statements> }
all of them contain placeholders, here <signature> and <statements>.
Unfortunately <...> has different meanings in Perl 6 as well. So how
should I mark placeholders? Perhaps just bare words?

3) Do the perlhints block blow up STD.pm too much? I'd estimate about 10
lines per token that contains quote characters (like '{'})

$ wc -l Perl-6.0.0-STD.pm
2701 Perl-6.0.0-STD.pm
$ grep -E "'[^']+'" Perl-6.0.0-STD.pm |wc -l
229

Cheers,
Moritz

groupperl6-compiler @