On Tue Nov 27 06:44:11 2012, Mithaldu wrote:
Alright, after a lengthy session of looking at things with bulk88,
another aspect of the problem is now clear:

I compiled perl on Win7-64, using the MinGW included in 32 bit Perl
distros. Due to the OS, the makefile decides to use 64 bit header files,
but due to the compiler the resulting binary is actually a 32 bit binary,
using 64 bit configuration values.

The -v/-V output of miniperl demonstrates this: https://
gist.github.com/7673e573f642a7896d70 and analysis of the PE headers
supports it.

At first blush one could think that this means the correct solution is to
use a 64 bit compiler instead. I have started a smoke of blead with a 64
bit MinGW (gcc version 4.5.4 (rubenvb-4.5.4)) and its miniperl does not
exhibit the problematic 8 gb behavior. However now it just doesn't output
anything anymore. The command mentioned in the first message of this bug
results in the file "log" being 0 bytes long.
Mithaldu, bulk88: Would it be possible to get an update on the status of this ticket?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open