Looking at blead, it appears that seriously fewer files will
be installed under unicore/ than currently are.

Am I misreading this?

I ask because some I rely on seem not to migrate at install time.

--tom

Search Discussions

  • Karl williamson at Dec 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm

    Tom Christiansen wrote:
    Looking at blead, it appears that seriously fewer files will
    be installed under unicore/ than currently are.

    Am I misreading this?

    I ask because some I rely on seem not to migrate at install time.

    --tom
    I don't know what you're referring to; there have been no very recent
    changes to this that I'm aware of, but it's planned to remove most of
    the .txt files for 5.14 because of requests about disk usage.
  • Tom Christiansen at Dec 31, 2010 at 8:00 pm

    Looking at blead, it appears that seriously fewer files will
    be installed under unicore/ than currently are.

    Am I misreading this?

    I ask because some I rely on seem not to migrate at install time.
    I don't know what you're referring to; there have been no very recent
    changes to this that I'm aware of, but it's planned to remove most of
    the .txt files for 5.14 because of requests about disk usage.
    I specifically use

    "$Config{privlib}/unicore/NamesList.txt"

    which I hope isn't going away.

    --tom
  • Karl williamson at Dec 31, 2010 at 9:23 pm

    Tom Christiansen wrote:
    Looking at blead, it appears that seriously fewer files will
    be installed under unicore/ than currently are.

    Am I misreading this?

    I ask because some I rely on seem not to migrate at install time.
    I don't know what you're referring to; there have been no very recent
    changes to this that I'm aware of, but it's planned to remove most of
    the .txt files for 5.14 because of requests about disk usage.
    I specifically use

    "$Config{privlib}/unicore/NamesList.txt"

    which I hope isn't going away.

    --tom
    I believe it is intended to go away; it's not used by the Perl core.
    You can search for the thread(s) on the topic, as to why, and that one
    can always download one from Unicode.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedDec 31, '10 at 7:38p