I've got a mod_perl app and I'd like to ensure I'm sharing as much
memory between processes as reasonable. I noticed this morning that it
was loading a utf8 swash to support [:print:] somewhere at runtime,
post-fork. I'd like to be able to force the lazy loading in utf8 to do
all the work I've learned it'll eventually go do anyway but do that
work pre-fork.

I tried:

require utf8;
utf8->SWASHNEW( 'Print', '', 0, 0, 0 )

but got warnings from utf8_heavy.pl about uninitialized variables

WARNING: Loading utf8_heavy.pl post-fork
...::warn_loading_postfork() at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/utf8.pm line 17
utf8::AUTOLOAD() at /home/jbenjore/....pm line 941
WARNING: Loading unicore/PVA.pl post-fork
WARNING: Loading unicore/Exact.pl post-fork
WARNING: Loading unicore/lib/gc_sc/Print.pl post-fork

Josh

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedMar 31, '10 at 5:52p