Perl 5.11.5 will be released tomorrow (20th). I'll announce a code
freeze shortly before I begin the final release engineering.

Expect the freeze to come either early afternoon or early evening GMT:
about 30 or 36 hours from now.

Search Discussions

  • John Peacock at Feb 19, 2010 at 7:47 pm

    Steve Hay wrote:
    Expect the freeze to come either early afternoon or early evening GMT:
    about 30 or 36 hours from now.
    Can someone bump $version::VERSION to 0.82? I would like to release to
    CPAN with the missing pieces from the core (POD and a couple of minor C
    code changes). NO CODE IN BLEAD NEEDS TO CHANGE! I just want to make
    the CPAN release comparable with what is in blead and hence in 5.12.0...

    Thanks

    John
  • David Golden at Feb 19, 2010 at 8:23 pm

    Expect the freeze to come either early afternoon or early evening GMT:
    about 30 or 36 hours from now.
    Can someone bump $version::VERSION to 0.82?  I would like to release to CPAN
    with the missing pieces from the core (POD and a couple of minor C code
    changes).  NO CODE IN BLEAD NEEDS TO CHANGE!  I just want to make the CPAN
    release comparable with what is in blead and hence in 5.12.0...
    It was already bumped to 0.82 in commit
    aa6255bdf72dc4b984f70a12cfd0fd0523f20b56 on Feb 14.

    -- David

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedFeb 19, '10 at 8:56a