Hi all:

I'm writing a small test tool in Perl, see here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filereadtest/

and I've realised I cannot test any files under /cygdrive/r if R: is a
CD-ROM drive.

I've seen this problem on the latest Cygwin on Windows XP and Vista,
this is from perl -v :
This is perl, v5.10.0 built for cygwin-thread-multi-64int

I've tracked the problem down to this:

-d "/cygdrive/r" returns a false value
-f "/cygdrive/r/filename" returns a false value

However, I would expect those to return a true value, like they do for
hard disks. Interestingly enough, -b "/cygdrive/r" returns true, and -c
"/cygdrive/r/filename" also returns true.

I'm no Cygwin expert, so I wonder if I've missed something obvious. Can
anybody confirm this issue?

Please copy me on the answer, because I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Ruben

Search Discussions

  • Reini Urban at Apr 19, 2009 at 2:58 pm

    R. Diez schrieb:
[...]

    Pleased report this at cygwin@cygwin.com and not here.
    I cannot reproduce it with latest cygwin-1.7.0(0.210/5/3) and neither
    with cygwin-1.5.25(0.156/4/2)

    Looks like a windows problem with your CDROM driver.
    I guess Corinna will appreciate a test with the attached testprogram.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedApr 18, '09 at 6:07p
activeApr 19, '09 at 2:58p