Is it just a coincidence and just my problem that within the last
24 hours many of my CPAN modules have got failure reports from CPAN
testers who are running* 64-bit* Perls?

Time::HiRes, Graph, Statistics-Shannon: pretty independent modules,
only first of them XS, the middle one complex pure Perl, the last one
pure Perl and pretty trivial, and which one I haven't touched for ages?

The failures look nonsensical, but I'll try compiling a 64-bitint Perl
somewhere and see. The perls of the testers are 5.8.8 and 5.10.0.

Search Discussions

  • H.Merijn Brand at Mar 7, 2008 at 7:18 am

    Is it just a coincidence and just my problem that within the last
    24 hours many of my CPAN modules have got failure reports from CPAN
    testers who are running* 64-bit* Perls?

    Time::HiRes, Graph, Statistics-Shannon: pretty independent modules,
    only first of them XS, the middle one complex pure Perl, the last one
    pure Perl and pretty trivial, and which one I haven't touched for ages?

    The failures look nonsensical, but I'll try compiling a 64-bitint Perl
    somewhere and see. The perls of the testers are 5.8.8 and 5.10.0.
    I'll do some tests for you ...

    --
    H.Merijn Brand Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
    using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,

    Is it just a coincidence and just my problem that within the last
    24 hours many of my CPAN modules have got failure reports from CPAN
    testers who are running* 64-bit* Perls?

    Time::HiRes, Graph, Statistics-Shannon: pretty independent modules,
    only first of them XS, the middle one complex pure Perl, the last one
    pure Perl and pretty trivial, and which one I haven't touched for ages?

    The failures look nonsensical, but I'll try compiling a 64-bitint Perl
    somewhere and see. The perls of the testers are 5.8.8 and 5.10.0.
    I use Time::HiRes a lot and Graph occasionally both also on 64bitall

    Just checked with 5.8.8-64all and 5.11.0-64all and no errors whatsoever

    pc09 Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-default/#1 x86_64 Xeon(R) CPU E5320 @ 1.86GHz/1596(4) x86_64 3956 Mb

    Normally all my perls are non-threaded, but I have blead installed as
    threaded for module tests

    This is perl, v5.8.8 built for x86_64-linux
    Locally applied patches:
    defined-or
    MAINT30961

    This is perl, v5.11.0 DEVEL33450 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    DEVEL (33450)
    Compile-time options: DEBUGGING MULTIPLICITY PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV
    PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_MALLOC_WRAP
    PERL_TRACK_MEMPOOL USE_64_BIT_ALL USE_64_BIT_INT
    USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES USE_PERLIO
    USE_REENTRANT_API

    --
    H.Merijn Brand Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
    using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,
    & 11.23, SuSE 10.1 & 10.2, AIX 5.2, and Cygwin. http://qa.perl.org
    http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/ http://www.test-smoke.org
    http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

groupperl5-porters @