It looks fine to me. I'm adding the proposed fix to 3.33.

Lincoln
On Jan 30, 2008 4:13 AM, Steve Hay wrote:

Hi Lincoln,

Not sure if you saw the email below that I copied you with the other
day, but I noticed that you just replied to another thread from a
different address, so I thought I'd forward to that address too.

Shall I go ahead and apply Steffen's fix to bleadperl, or would you
rather fix things differently?

Steve

Steve Hay wrote:
Steffen Mueller wrote:
Steve Hay wrote:
Run the following program under perl 5.10.0 on Windows XP:

#!perl -wT
use strict;
use warnings;
BEGIN { $ENV{TMPDIR} = "$ENV{WINDIR}\\TEMP" };
use CGI;
my $tmpfile = new CGITempFile(1);
print "tmpfile='", $tmpfile->as_string(), "'\n";

This causes the error:

Insecure dependency in sprintf while running with -T switch at (eval
2) line 6.
it seems to me that this would have to be fixed in CGITempFile
because the error is probably genuine.

How about changing the sprintf call to this (untested, but well...):

sprintf("\%s${SL}CGItemp%d", $TMPDIRECTORY, $sequence++)
Yes, that fixes it, thanks.

Lincoln, are you happy with this fix?

--
Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Search Discussions

  • Steve Hay at Jan 31, 2008 at 9:17 am
    OK, thanks. Now applied to bleadperl as #33143.

    ________________________________

    Steve Hay wrote:
    Steffen Mueller wrote:
    Steve Hay wrote:
[...]