On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 03:34:56PM -0600, John Perkins wrote:

I've been trying to get Math::Pari running with perl 5.8.6 for Solaris 8
and Tao 1.0 Linux. I get a number of core dumps when running a
"make test". I've tried building Math::Pari against pari 2.1.5 and
pari 2.1.6, both of which compiled using the assember-less pieces of
the pari distribution.
I got one more report on this. Apprently, 5.8.6 busted something;
5.8.5 is reported to be OK. (I use a lot of fields in XSVMG (sp?) to
keep the internal info for garbage collection, and apparently 5.6.8
overwrites this info even for SVs which are not seen by the Perl
interpreter; sigh).

I do not know when I can have time to analyse this...

Hope this helps,
Ilya

P.S. I Cc this to p5-p and PARI development lists.

Search Discussions

  • Ilya Zakharevich at Dec 11, 2004 at 9:41 pm