Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:22:01 -0500
To: perlbug-followup@perl.org
From: Rob Dallas <rdallas@chin.gc.ca>
Subject: Re: [perl #20879] Help, unable to install 5.8.0 on Solaris 2.7

Just to let you know. I will try the Perl 5.8.0 on Solaris 2.7 again.

For my project I went ahead and used Perl 5.6.1 which compiled/installed OK
in Solaris 2.7. I did this after I submitted my bug report to you but before
I was asked to test various scenarios.

To summarize, when I originally tried to install 5.8.0 and received the
error, Perl 5.004 would have been the Perl found in $PATH. When I tried the
commands sent to me to debug this problem, Perl 5.6.1 would have been the
Perl found in $PATH. Further to that, I'm doing this upgrade because the
Perl 5.004 seems to be hosed up (unable to add modules ..(don't ask)). This
would/could be the system difference.

I will prove/disprove this theory and let you know how I make out.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate the help.
Rob....