Just to let you know the Malformed UTF-8 mess I was seeing a few days
ago and blamed on DB_File was not DB_File's, perl's, or Encode's fault.

The problem code was 'Tix' part of perl/Tk - integrating latest Tix
from SourceForge makes them go away.

So still no show-stoppers for a perl5.8/Tk804.

Next game is to try and convert all that chinese spam I get into test data
and see it in tkmail...

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/

Search Discussions

  • Jarkko Hietaniemi at Apr 11, 2002 at 2:35 pm

    Just to let you know the Malformed UTF-8 mess I was seeing a few days
    ago and blamed on DB_File was not DB_File's, perl's, or Encode's fault.

    The problem code was 'Tix' part of perl/Tk - integrating latest Tix
    from SourceForge makes them go away.

    So still no show-stoppers for a perl5.8/Tk804.

    Next game is to try and convert all that chinese spam I get into test data
    and see it in tkmail...
    If you need more I can forward you mine, one never knows if one might
    need ship-building grade steel by the ton....

    --
    $jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
    # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen

    Just to let you know the Malformed UTF-8 mess I was seeing a few days
    ago and blamed on DB_File was not DB_File's, perl's, or Encode's fault.

    The problem code was 'Tix' part of perl/Tk - integrating latest Tix
    from SourceForge makes them go away.

    So still no show-stoppers for a perl5.8/Tk804.

    Next game is to try and convert all that chinese spam I get into test data
    and see it in tkmail...
    Here a couple of other stress test pages:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
    http://www.trigeminal.com/samples/provincial.html

    --
    $jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
    # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen

    Just to let you know the Malformed UTF-8 mess I was seeing a few days
    ago and blamed on DB_File was not DB_File's, perl's, or Encode's fault.

    The problem code was 'Tix' part of perl/Tk - integrating latest Tix
    from SourceForge makes them go away.

    So still no show-stoppers for a perl5.8/Tk804.

    Next game is to try and convert all that chinese spam I get into test data
    and see it in tkmail...
    Here a couple of other stress test pages:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
    http://www.trigeminal.com/samples/provincial.html
    ....and one should not forget the "I Can Eat Glass", "Chunky Monkey",
    and "I don't know, I only work here" projects:

    http://hcs.harvard.edu/~igp/glass.html
    http://home.freeuk.net/cadenza/chunky-monkey/
    http://crism.maden.org/dunno.html

    --