I am facing a problem installing a module of perl called Convert::IBM390. I have ActivePerl5.6 installed on my machine. I have installed it using the MSI installer. My OS is Win NT 4.0.

When i unzip the file for this module...and then i try doing the installation i face the following problem:

* perl makefile.pl

Note (probably harmless): No library found for '-lm'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'oldnames.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'kernel32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'user32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'gdi32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'winspool.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'comdlg32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'advapi32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'shell32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'ole32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'oleaut32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'netapi32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'uuid.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'wsock32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'mpr.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'winmm.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'version.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'odbc32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'odbccp32.lib'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'msvcrt.lib'
Writing Makefile for Convert::IBM390

* Make

The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Then i tried dmake & nmake but they all gave the same response.

I tried the command :

* Perl -v:make
and got the reply as
make='nmake';

I cannot install any furthur as the module is not getting installed at all.

Help.

Thanks & Regards,
Arti Narayanan

Arti Narayanan
Software Engineer (EComm)
Patni Computer Systems (SEEPZ)
8291454 ; Ext 5351 / 5346

http://bol.rediff.com

Search Discussions

  • John Peacock at Mar 6, 2001 at 2:37 pm
    Arti -

    You must have M$oft Visual C++ installed in order to build your own
    modules under NT. If you do have VC++ installed, you need to run
    VCVARS32.BAT before trying to build anything.

    However, the easier way to install modules under ActivePerl is to use
    PPM. From a Command Prompt, try

    ppm install Convert::IBM390

    and see how that goes.

    HTH