rationale:

Seems appropriate. Open to suggestions.

enteredby: TROXEL (Steve Troxel)
enteredon: Fri Dec 30 21:34:17 2011 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Physics::Water::
::SoundSpeed bdpOp Calculates Speed of Sound in Water TROXEL

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Jan 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm

    In article <201112302134.pBULYHls010595@pause.fiz-chemie.de>, "Perl
    Authors Upload Server" wrote:

    modid: Physics::Water::SoundSpeed
    DSLIP: bdpOp
    Is this specifically a hydrology sort of thing, or a sound sort of
    thing? It seems to me that a module to calculate the speed of sound
    through any medium would be nice, maybe with a name such as:

    Acoustics::Speed

    The values for water could be set in various ways. You're going to need
    to adjust them for temperature, pressure, salinity and bulk modulus.
    Since three of those are variable, why not make the fourth a variable
    too. If we got really crazy, we'd have to pull out all the tricky
    oceanography formulas that I vaguely recall.

    PAUSE instructions: http://pause.perl.org/pause/query?ACTION=pause_04about