This is just an idle thought, so I'm not really proposing anything
concrete.

I tend to do a lot of maintenance where I get other people involved,
but I don't really want to give them upload rights for various reasons.
Or, more specifically, I would want to limit them to uploading only dev
releases. I'd also like them to be able to affect the RT queue.
Ultimately, I want to reserve a stable distribution release to primary
and co-maintainers as we have it now.

It's just an idea, and it's not a pressing problem that I'm trying to
solve. I was thinking of it more like github's fork and pull request
stuff where there's much less risk in participation with people I don't
know.

PAUSE instructions: http://pause.perl.org/pause/query?ACTION=pause_04about

  • Andreas J. Koenig at Nov 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm

    This is just an idle thought, so I'm not really proposing anything
    concrete.
    I tend to do a lot of maintenance where I get other people involved,
    but I don't really want to give them upload rights for various reasons.
    Or, more specifically, I would want to limit them to uploading only dev
    releases.
    Everybody can upload dev releases without asking. They do not get
    indexed, no matter if they are maintainer or doing a fork.
    I'd also like them to be able to affect the RT queue.
    Frankly, I do not really understand how RT works. I'm in many RT queues
    that I cannot imagine how I came in there. There is some hidden gate I
    don't know of.
    Ultimately, I want to reserve a stable distribution release to primary
    and co-maintainers as we have it now.
    It's just an idea, and it's not a pressing problem that I'm trying to
    solve. I was thinking of it more like github's fork and pull request
    stuff where there's much less risk in participation with people I don't
    know.
    I'd love to see improvement on that front. Neil Bowers has raised my
    attention on the matter. I'm not sure if PAUSE needs to be involved for
    this or if maybe a well organized metacpan or something could play a
    strong role without having access to pause?

    --
    andreas

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedNov 15, '11 at 7:25p
activeNov 15, '11 at 11:59p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Brian d foy: 1 post Andreas J. Koenig: 1 post