I've recently been looking at modules for spelling out numbers in English,
and ended up posting a review on blogs.perl.org:

http://blogs.perl.org/users/neilb/2011/09/cpan-modules-for-spelling-out-numbers-in-english.html

In doing this I've submitted bugs and/or patches on all 4 modules reviewed.

The most useful, and seemingly most widely used, module is Lingua::EN::Numbers.
Sean M Burke took over maintenance of the module from its originally author,
and did two releases, the most recent in early 2005.

I emailed Sean a patch a couple of weeks ago, and also said I'd be happy to do a release
if he didn't want to. In the comments to my post someone has already commented that
they've done the same. I've mailed him again today.

I've similarly emailed Lester Hightower, who is the author of Lingua::EN::Nums2Words,
though given he last did an update in 2009, I'm thinking I might get a reply.

I'm mailing you this:

(a) in case one of you [*] knows Sean Burke, and can nudge him to reply.

(b) as a first step towards asking for upload ability on Lingua::EN::Numbers,
so I could release my patch.

cheers,
Neil

groupmodules @