After Brian D Foy answered my question from a couple of days ago, I re-uploaded with a META.yml with a 'provides' section.

Have I done something (else) wrong, or does the indexer always try to find package statements and I can cheerfully ignore this?

Thanks in advance!

Begin forwarded message:
From: PAUSE <upload@pause.perl.org>
Date: 7 July 2011 09:31:41 GMT+01:00
To: norm@cackhanded.net, andreas.koenig.gmwojprw+pause@franz.ak.mind.de
Subject: Failed: PAUSE indexer report MNF/URI-Dispatch-v1.4.1.tar.gz
x-spam-score: -1.9 (-)

The following report has been written by the PAUSE namespace indexer.
Please contact modules@perl.org if there are any open questions.
Id

User: MNF (Mark Norman Francis)
Distribution file: URI-Dispatch-v1.4.1.tar.gz
Number of files: 20
*.pm files: 2
README: URI-Dispatch-v1.4.1/README
META.yml: URI-Dispatch-v1.4.1/META.yml
YAML-Parser: YAML::XS 0.32
META-driven index: no
Timestamp of file: Thu Jul 7 08:30:04 2011 UTC
Time of this run: Thu Jul 7 08:31:40 2011 UTC

No or no indexable package
statements could be found in the distro (maybe a
script or documentation distribution or a
developer release?)

__END__

groupmodules @
categoriesperl