I had recently created name space for Yahoo::Weather Module and I had also
uploaded this modules from PAUSE using KCHAITAN as USERID.

Could some one let me know why the module is still not availbale in CPAN?

I could see the name space but not the module.

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Yahoo%3A%3AWeather&mode=module

Please suggest me on what should I do.

Thanks & Regards,
A. Krishna Chaitanya
Technical Lead,
Yahoo! Inc.
Bagmane Tech Park,
Bangalore.
Mobile: +919008736736

Search Discussions

  • David Golden at Oct 14, 2010 at 4:38 pm
    Hi, Krishna.

    It's there now.

    There is a delay between uploading to PAUSE and when the distributed
    CPAN mirrors (including search.cpan.org) pick it up. There are a
    handful of "fast" CPAN mirrors that pick up new modules within
    minutes, most mirrors synchronize once or twice a day, and
    search.cpan.org updates every few hours, I think.

    There is also a delay between when the tarball is mirrored and when
    the master module index is updated and mirrored. Generally speaking,
    once PAUSE tells you it's accepted your module, give it a few hours
    before you worry. You can check your directory on a fast mirror like
    here:

    http://cpan.cpantesters.org/authors/id/K/KC/KCHAITAN/

    If that shows your uploaded tarball, you're all set and then you just
    need to wait for the indexing to catch up.

    -- David

    On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Chaitanya Chowdary

    I had recently created name space for Yahoo::Weather Module and I had also
    uploaded this modules from PAUSE using KCHAITAN as USERID.

    Could some one let me know why the module is still not availbale in CPAN?

    I could see the name space but not the module.

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Yahoo%3A%3AWeather&mode=module

    Please suggest me on what should I do.

    Thanks & Regards,
    A. Krishna Chaitanya