DSLIP: Rdphp
userid: AKALINUX (Michael Shipper)
chapterid: 5 (Networking_Devices_IPC)
communities:
Perl Forums

similar:
Net::Netmask, NetAddr::IP

rationale:

IPv4 Range manipulation module. This module was written from the
ground up to handle IP Ranges.

The only modules on cpan that have similar functionality deal
strictly with CIDR bit boundaries. The idea behind IP::RangeCompare,
is to be able to actually deal with ip space in a more fluid nature.

0.0.0.0 - 0.0.0.4 Is not garbage in garbage out

Even though the range spans 2 cidr boundaries, the IP Space can
still be manipulated without converting the range to 2 cidr blocks.

Since human made lists of IP-Ranges don't normally fit on bit
boundaries, this module fills the function IP-Range VOID, that is
missing from cpan

I previously released this Module as Net::IPRangeCompare but did
not get the name space allocated. So I'm re-releasing the module as
IP::RangeCompare.

Please let me know if the name space seems out of place.

enteredby: AKALINUX (Michael Shipper)
enteredon: Wed Oct 6 04:07:59 2010 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

IP::
::RangeCompare Rdphp Ipv4 Range comparison tool AKALINUX

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Perl Authors Upload Server at Oct 6, 2010 at 9:26 pm

    modid: IP::RangeCompare
    DSLIP: Rdphp
    userid: AKALINUX (Michael Shipper)
    chapterid: 5 (Networking_Devices_IPC)
    communities:
    perl forums

    similar:
    none

    rationale:

    Re-posting this

[...]

    enteredon: Wed Oct 6 21:25:25 2010 GMT

    The resulting entry would be:

    IP::
    ::RangeCompare Rdphp Ipv4 Range comparison tool AKALINUX

    Thanks for registering,
  • Brian d foy at Oct 7, 2010 at 3:31 am

    In article <201010062125.o96LPPhB019519@pause.fiz-chemie.de>, Perl
    Authors Upload Server wrote: