---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sava Chankov <sava.chankov@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM
Subject: Permanently delete my PAUSE account - SAVA
To: brian d foy <bdfoy@cpan.org>
Hello Brian,
I deleted all files my PAUSE account and I wish my account to be
permanently removed.

thanks,
Sava Chankov
On 3 April 2010 08:16, brian d foy wrote:

Dear CPAN Author (you're SAVA),

Help us clean up CPAN!

First, thanks for making CPAN Perl's best feature. CPAN is so good
that it has over 8,000 authors, almost 18,000 modules, and takes up
nearly 8 Gb!

This presents a problem for CPAN's mirror network. With so many
distributions, READMEs, and META.yml files lying around, an rsync has
to do a lot of work to figure out what has changed. With a couple
hundred public mirrors and many private mirrors, that's starting to
put a strain on the servers.

You can help by deleting old files from your CPAN author directory.
Simply go to your PAUSE account, follow the "Delete Files" option in
the menu, and tick the files that you can retire to BackPAN. Then use
the "Delete" button at the top of the page.

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=delete_files

PAUSE will schedule those files for deletion, which takes place in
about three days. If you change your mind before the deletion, just go
back to that page and untick the files. Be sure to use the "Undelete"
button at the top of the page.

You aren't required to remove any files. Typically, authors will keep
two or three previous versions on CPAN to support people you don't
upgrade very quickly. If some distributions are specific to Perl
versions, consider keeping those too. If you have development releases
or superceded versions, consider removing those.

--
brian d foy, PAUSE admin
bdfoy@cpan.org

--