Quick question,

Do i have to register a namespace to upload a module? Or can I just
upload it, then it'll be available to cpan?

thanks,
Mike

Search Discussions

  • Steffen Mueller at Jan 21, 2010 at 8:30 am
    Hi Mike,

    Michael Kroher wrote:
    Do i have to register a namespace to upload a module? Or can I just
    upload it, then it'll be available to cpan?
    Registration isn't required. It buys you inclusion in the modules list,
    some extra meta-data and (most importantly) a sanity check on the
    namespace choice from experienced folks. We would have killed of the
    modules list a while ago if it didn't have the positive side effect of
    encouraging new contributors to get advice from the old.

    Best regards,
    Steffen

    PS: By the way, module-authors@perl.org is probably an even better way
    of getting feedback than registering.

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJan 20, '10 at 1:28p
activeJan 21, '10 at 8:30a
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Michael Kroher: 1 post Steffen Mueller: 1 post