Hello,

How are you.
I recently registered a PAUSE account and would like to upload some
files to the server. But, I am wondering is there any rule of
namespace for each module author to follow. My thinking is
App::MyName::ProgramName looks fine. Am I right about that? Look
forward to your reply.

Jeff Mo
OCA, Linux+, SCJP, SCWCD, MCSD
Making easy things easy & hard things possible.

Search Discussions

  • Steffen Mueller at Jan 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm
    Hi Jeff,

    Jeff Mo wrote:
    I recently registered a PAUSE account and would like to upload some
    files to the server. But, I am wondering is there any rule of
    namespace for each module author to follow. My thinking is
    App::MyName::ProgramName looks fine. Am I right about that? Look
    forward to your reply.
    There are few hard rules, but a few guidelines. If in doubt, you can get
    advice via module-authors@perl.org or here (modules@perl.org is less
    likely to help and will have more delay).

    For applications, I would suggest App::ApplicationName. Including the
    author name is very, very uncommon on CPAN.

    Best regards,
    Steffen

groupmodules @
categoriesperl