modid: Net::SNMPTrapd
DSLIP: adpOp
userid: VINSWORLD (Michael Vincent)
chapterid: 5 (Networking_Devices_IPC)
communities:

similar:
Mon::SNMP SNMP::Trapinfo

rationale:

Existing modules decode SNMP traps - some to limited extent as in
only v1 traps - and some relying on external software (NET-SNMP
suite) to handle a portion of the translation. I can't find any
modules that implement a SNMP Trap listener (server) on port 162,
listen for, and decode traps all in one module. Granted, a Perl SNMP
Trap server isn't the most efficient; however, I needed a quick SNMP
Trap receiver for a project and not being able to find a decent free
one, I coded one with Perl. I created this module so others (for
example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1126047/how-can-i-parse-a-raw-snmp-trap-in-perl)
could benefit.

enteredby: VINSWORLD (Michael Vincent)
enteredon: Thu Jan 14 03:33:21 2010 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Net::
::SNMPTrapd adpOp SNMP Trap Server class in Perl. VINSWORLD

Thanks for registering,

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedJan 14, '10 at 3:33a