I'm annoyed to see that Skud just slagged CPAN in part due to the fact
that she typed 'cpan install JSON' instead of 'cpan JSON':

http://infotrope.net/blog/2009/12/18/cpan-fail/

I've just uploaded install-0.01 which is just a dummy module
containing an install.pm. Currently 'install' maps to the junoscript
distribution, which doesn't even install the private 'install.pm'
module that is included with it.

I'm hereby petitioning PAUSE admins to re-assign the 'install'
namespace to me and index my new upload so this unexpected quirk of
the cpan client never bothers anyone ever again.

-- David

Search Discussions

  • Andreas J. Koenig at Dec 19, 2009 at 7:41 am

    I'm annoyed to see that Skud just slagged CPAN in part due to the fact
    that she typed 'cpan install JSON' instead of 'cpan JSON':
    http://infotrope.net/blog/2009/12/18/cpan-fail/
    I've just uploaded install-0.01 which is just a dummy module
    containing an install.pm. Currently 'install' maps to the junoscript
    distribution, which doesn't even install the private 'install.pm'
    module that is included with it.
    I'm hereby petitioning PAUSE admins to re-assign the 'install'
    namespace to me and index my new upload so this unexpected quirk of
    the cpan client never bothers anyone ever again.
    Adam just took it over but didn't upload. Adam, I think it's best I take
    it away from you and pass it to David....

    Done.

    --
    andreas
  • Brian d foy at Dec 19, 2009 at 8:35 am

    I'm annoyed to see that Skud just slagged CPAN in part due to the fact
    that she typed 'cpan install JSON' instead of 'cpan JSON':
    http://infotrope.net/blog/2009/12/18/cpan-fail/
    She must be using a really old cpan(1). I fixed that problem a long time ago.

    When people want to use tools with older perls, they should update the
    tools to get the latest fixes. It's not really a Perl problem *shrug*

    --
    brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com>
    http://www.pair.com/~comdog/

    On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Andreas J. Koenig