Marco d'Itri wrote:
On Aug 18, Luis Motta Campos wrote:

I believe that you've noticed that there's a new maintainer for the CPAN
module. :)
No, but I noticed an unauthorized release which appears to differ mostly
in white space changes (which I would appreciate as well, if only they
were meant to make the module closer to the perlstype(1p) guidelines).
Looks like the module has not been transfered to you.
That's funny. I had the impression that Paul had transferred the module
to me, already. I have access to it on PAUSE (I'm a co-maintainer), and
you can see the transfer acknowledgment from Paul in the attached message.

Paul, I'm really sorry to disturb you about this again, but it looks
like there is something wrong abut the Net::Whois::RIPE module transfer.
I know you're a busy gentleman, but please try to review this as soon as
you can. I will make another "unauthorized release" with the patch as
soon as I review it, either way. I'm sure you won't mind. :)

I'm copying <modules@cpan.org> so they stay on picture, like requested
under the "About PAUSE", section "7. Taking Over" -- thanks also for
your attention.

Thanks for helping me understand what's going on, Marco. I will send you
news about that soon.

Thanks for your time, Paul. I hope I read from you soon.

Cheers.
--
Luis Motta Campos
Yet Another CPAN Author

Search Discussions

  • Paul Gampe at Aug 19, 2009 at 2:59 am

    I believe that you've noticed that there's a new maintainer for the CPAN
    module. :)
    No, but I noticed an unauthorized release which appears to differ mostly
    in white space changes (which I would appreciate as well, if only they
    were meant to make the module closer to the perlstype(1p) guidelines).
    Looks like the module has not been transfered to you.
    That's funny. I had the impression that Paul had transferred the module
    to me, already. I have access to it on PAUSE (I'm a co-maintainer), and
    you can see the transfer acknowledgment from Paul in the attached message.
    Correct I thought the transfer was complete quite some time ago.
    Paul, I'm really sorry to disturb you about this again, but it looks
    like there is something wrong abut the Net::Whois::RIPE module transfer.
    I know you're a busy gentleman, but please try to review this as soon as
    you can. I will make another "unauthorized release" with the patch as
    soon as I review it, either way. I'm sure you won't mind. :)
    I've logged into to PAUSE and can see LMC as co-maint for Net::Whois::RIPE.
    Anything else I should be doing?
    I'm copying <modules@cpan.org> so they stay on picture, like requested
    under the "About PAUSE", section "7. Taking Over" -- thanks also for
    your attention.

    Thanks for helping me understand what's going on, Marco. I will send you
    news about that soon.

    Thanks for your time, Paul. I hope I read from you soon.

    Cheers.
    Cheers,
    Paul

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedAug 18, '09 at 1:04p
activeAug 19, '09 at 2:59a
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Paul Gampe: 1 post Luis Motta Campos: 1 post