I read that this email address reaches experienced volunteers who
advise CPAN submitters on the appropriate namespace for a new module.
http://www.cpan.org/modules/04pause.html

I propose String::Simrank which formats a database of stings then
takes as input a query string(s) and returns an ordered list of
database string identifiers ranked by how similar the query is to
each database record.

Does this sound appropriate?

Another option is Text::Simrank to provide the functions that
Text::Ngram and Text::Similarity are lacking.

Thanks for your time,
Todd

Todd Z. DeSantis
Center for Environmental Biotechnology
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road, Mail Stop 70A-3317
Berkeley, CA 94720
510-761-6720
Skype: todd_desantis
email: tdesantis@lbl.gov
http://greengenes.lbl.gov

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Apr 1, 2008 at 2:32 pm

    In article <8546E959-1408-416C-B874-48C831EC97B5@lbl.gov>, Todd
    DeSantis wrote:

    I propose String::Simrank which formats a database of stings then
    takes as input a query string(s) and returns an ordered list of
    database string identifiers ranked by how similar the query is to
    each database record.
    Is this the same SimRank that comes up in Google search?

  • Todd DeSantis at Apr 1, 2008 at 3:10 pm
    Brian,

    No, but it is the Simrank if one does a Google search for "Simrank
    DNA". An early reference to out Simrank is
    http://aem.asm.org/cgi/reprint/63/3/983.pdf (1997)

    Hope that helps,
    Todd

    I propose String::Simrank which formats a database of stings then
    takes as input a query string(s) and returns an ordered list of
    database string identifiers ranked by how similar the query is to
    each database record.
    Is this the same SimRank that comes up in Google search?

    Todd Z. DeSantis
    Center for Environmental Biotechnology
    Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
    1 Cyclotron Road, Mail Stop 70A-3317
    Berkeley, CA 94720
    510-761-6720
    Skype: todd_desantis
    email: tdesantis@lbl.gov
    http://greengenes.lbl.gov
  • Brian d foy at Apr 3, 2008 at 4:50 am

    In article <1335C3A3-8F94-4CA2-AB4F-4D944B73366C@lbl.gov>, Todd
    DeSantis wrote:
    Brian,

    No, but it is the Simrank if one does a Google search for "Simrank
    DNA". An early reference to out Simrank is
    http://aem.asm.org/cgi/reprint/63/3/983.pdf (1997)
    If your use of Simrank needs extrra qualification, that should be in
    the name. :)