modid: PWE
DSLIP: cdphp
userid: URSUS (Colin C. O. von Heuring)
chapterid: 15 (World_Wide_Web_HTML_HTTP_CGI)
communities:
http://svn.divitu.com/pwe/

similar:
SDH

rationale:

There has to be somewhere between PHP and Perl's CGI interface for
using Perl in Web programming. PWE aims to reside in that middle
ground.

SDH is essentially PWE v0.0. The new name reflects the actual
nature of the project, as I hadn't finished designing the basics of
the module.

So if you approve this application, please delete SDH (if it ever
really existed - I'm finding evidence to the contrary).

Feel free to email me with questions. -CvH

enteredby: URSUS (Colin C. O. von Heuring)
enteredon: Fri Mar 21 22:18:38 2008 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

PWE cdphp Perl Web Environment: sane Perl on the Web URSUS

Thanks for registering,

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Mar 22, 2008 at 10:48 pm

    In article <200803212218.m2LMIe9U029042@pause.perl.org>, Perl Authors
    Upload Server wrote:

    modid: PWE
    DSLIP: cdphp
    userid: URSUS (Colin C. O. von Heuring)
    similar:
    SDH
    SDH is essentially PWE v0.0. The new name reflects the actual
    nature of the project, as I hadn't finished designing the basics of
    the module.
    The initials don't mean anything to most of the world. Is there a name
    that you can choose that would tell users what your module does? :)

    So if you approve this application, please delete SDH (if it ever
    really existed - I'm finding evidence to the contrary).
    In PAUSE, navigate to the module info for SDH and set its lifecycle to
    "Can delete"

  • Colin von Heuring at Mar 24, 2008 at 11:12 pm
    Brian,

    I suppose PWE wouldn't mean much to most people. Perhaps
    HTTP::ScriptEnvironment? Should I be responding like this, or should I
    just propose new modules until something sticks/I am asked to leave?

    Thanks!
    -vH

    P.S. I never actually got approval for SDH, so I don't need to delete it.

    Upload Server wrote:

    modid: PWE
    DSLIP: cdphp
    userid: URSUS (Colin C. O. von Heuring)
    similar:
    SDH

    SDH is essentially PWE v0.0. The new name reflects the actual
    nature of the project, as I hadn't finished designing the basics of
    the module.
    The initials don't mean anything to most of the world. Is there a name
    that you can choose that would tell users what your module does? :)

    So if you approve this application, please delete SDH (if it ever
    really existed - I'm finding evidence to the contrary).
    In PAUSE, navigate to the module info for SDH and set its lifecycle to
    "Can delete"
  • Brian d foy at Mar 26, 2008 at 12:43 am

    In article <47E8352A.70402@divitu.com>, Colin von Heuring
    wrote:
    Brian,

    I suppose PWE wouldn't mean much to most people. Perhaps
    HTTP::ScriptEnvironment? Should I be responding like this, or should I
    just propose new modules until something sticks/I am asked to leave?
    Well, you're module probably has nothing to do with HTTP. That's just a
    transport.

    The trick is to figure out what distinguishes your module from
    everything else out there and use that as part of the name :)

  • Colin von Heuring at Mar 26, 2008 at 10:51 pm
    Brian,

    Again, please feel free to ship me off to comp.lang.perl.modules or
    wherever. Anyway, the concept of this module is to provide an efficient
    Perlish scripting environment for the Web. I'm thinking maybe "PGI -
    Perl Gateway Interface" because it's very similar to CGI in intent.

    There are things I want to include that make it unlikely that I can
    simply use existing projects. Specifically:

    Simple URI-to-file mapping that can still hide executable file
    extensions (e.g., /admin/kill maps to /admin/kill.pl)
    A persistent Perl instance that can cache scripts
    Consistent, concise, Perlish names
    Directory configurations (a la Apache's .htaccess)

    Thanks for all your help and input,
    CvH

    wrote:

    Brian,

    I suppose PWE wouldn't mean much to most people. Perhaps
    HTTP::ScriptEnvironment? Should I be responding like this, or should I
    just propose new modules until something sticks/I am asked to leave?
    Well, you're module probably has nothing to do with HTTP. That's just a
    transport.

    The trick is to figure out what distinguishes your module from
    everything else out there and use that as part of the name :)
  • Brian d foy at Mar 27, 2008 at 11:40 am

    In article <47EAD375.607@divitu.com>, Colin von Heuring
    Again, please feel free to ship me off to comp.lang.perl.modules or
    wherever. Anyway, the concept of this module is to provide an efficient
    Perlish scripting environment for the Web. I'm thinking maybe "PGI -
    Perl Gateway Interface" because it's very similar to CGI in intent.
    Again, no one is going to know what PGI is.

    Put some words in the name :)