I am writing a perl module to control a HDZ300 HD Radio via serial port.
Some modules I have found which provide similar control for other types
of radio are named as follows:

Audio::Radio::Sirius
Audio::Radio::XM::PCR
Audio::Xmpcr
THD7

Based solely on those examples, it would seem that
Audio::Radio::HD::HDZ300 would be an appropriate name.

On the other hand, looking through the list of modules for other
devices, it seems that something like Device::Radio::HD::HDZ300 is
actually more appropriate since this module will directly control a
device rather than actually handle audio.

Is there any better documentation available that could assist me?

--
Andy

  • Brian d foy at Mar 11, 2008 at 9:08 pm

    In article <1205180959.22676.1241615075@webmail.messagingengine.com>,
    I am writing a perl module to control a HDZ300 HD Radio via serial port.
    Some modules I have found which provide similar control for other types
    of radio are named as follows:
    I'd stick with Device::*, unless you're writing something that deals
    with a particular audio format peculiar to that device.