Hello!

Let me find out what failed with the uploading of the modules QtCore and QtGui on pause.cpan.org (http://cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/V/VA/VADIML/).
I uploaded them on 27th of January but they were not confirmed.

Perhaps, it happened because of the following:

module: MyApp
version: undef
in file: QtCore-4.000/examples/App2/MyApp.pm
status: Not indexed because permissions missing. Visit PAUSE and
click "View Permissions" to find the legitimate
maintainer(s).

module: Dialog
version: undef
in file: QtGui-4.000/examples/dialog/standarddialogs/Dialog.pm
status: Not indexed because permissions missing. Visit PAUSE and
click "View Permissions" to find the legitimate
maintainer(s).

module: Window
version: undef
in file: QtGui-4.000/examples/widgets/sliders/Window.pm
status: Not indexed because permissions missing. Visit PAUSE and
click "View Permissions" to find the legitimate
maintainer(s).

But these modules are the examples of working with library and must not been indexed.
I would be grateful if you help me how to exclude the example catalogues from indexing, the more so that its amount will grow.

If the reason is something else, would be so kind to let me know.

--
Sincerely yours,
Vadim Likhota.

Search Discussions

  • Brian d foy at Jan 28, 2008 at 2:29 pm

    In article <1766291201508897@webmail16.yandex.ru>,
    wrote:
    Let me find out what failed with the uploading of the modules QtCore and
    QtGui on pause.cpan.org (http://cpan.org/modules/by-authors/id/V/VA/VADIML/).

    module: MyApp
    But these modules are the examples of working with library and must not been
    indexed.
    They weren't indexed, and that shouldn't bother the rest of your
    module. It looks like QtCore and QtGui were indexed and they show
    up on CPAN Search just fine.

  • Vadim-lvv at Jan 28, 2008 at 9:32 pm
    Hello, Brian!

    Thank you for the letter.

    Unfortunately, I still can't attain my modules to appear at the appropriate catalogues.
    They weren't indexed, and that shouldn't bother the rest of your
    module. It looks like QtCore and QtGui were indexed and they show
    up on CPAN Search just fine.
    I thought over your answer and then have two more questions.

    1. How is it possible to exclude from indexing the catalogue of examples?
    I tried to add the file meta.yml into archive of my module. This file has the next records:
    no_index:
    dir:
    - examples
    Similar to those ones on http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec-v1.2.html
    But it is useless.

    2. Where should I point so that the QtCore and QtGui modules appear at last in http://cpan.org/modules/by-category/08_User_Interfaces/Qt/ as well as in http://cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html in Qt category?

    Would be very grateful for help.

    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Vadim Likhota

    Unfortunately, I still can't attain my modules to appear at the appropriate catalogues.
    They weren't indexed, and that shouldn't bother the rest of your
    module. It looks like QtCore and QtGui were indexed and they show
    up on CPAN Search just fine.
    I thought over your answer and then have two more questions.
    1. How is it possible to exclude from indexing the catalogue of examples?
    I tried to add the file meta.yml into archive of my module. This file has the next records:
    no_index:
    dir:
    - examples
    Similar to those ones on http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec-v1.2.html
    Try http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec.html
    But it is useless.
    The current spec says "directory" not "dir"

    2. Where should I point so that the QtCore and QtGui modules appear at last in http://cpan.org/modules/by-category/08_User_Interfaces/Qt/ as well as in http://cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html in Qt category?

    Do not rely on the by-{module,category} trees, they are buggy and
    will be deprecated soon.

    --
    andreas

groupmodules @